2011-01-28

End of the Week

TGIF (well, not so much now that I'm home now but I *guess* it's nice to see the hubby for a few days)!

I've set up my current Weight Watchers Program (version 5 or maybe I'm on my 6th go around now) so that I weigh in on Saturday mornings.  This means my points reset for Saturday so I usually plan a little treat for myself for dinner like take out or a decadent dessert.  I may need to switch this to Friday when I go back to work BUT hopefully Friday will be my day off and I won't feel and urge to de-stress with food or drink by Friday night because I'll use my free day time to work it out at the gym!


I have had a good week earning activity points but I've slacked on tracking my food.  I do well with entering breakfast and lunch but we eat dinner when I get home from the gym and then the madness of getting the children to bed ensues so I end up "mentally" tracking my evening points.  So far it is working because I've been doing fairly well with my self-control but I know at any moment that can just unravel and send me into a downward spiral.  My goal for this next week is to plan my dinners - something I was already doing  and did very well in 2009 when the weight just melted off - but planning them with one beginning of the week shopping trip.  I've sort of been all over the place as I settle back into a more normal life pattern.  I need to get back into the planning as this also helps with $pending, those little trips to the store to pick up "just one more thing" add up when you end up picking up more than one thing.  From now on I want to get back into the pattern of grocery shopping way early on a Sunday and setting up some of our meals.  Then that shopping trip needs to last us for the week.  We'll eat the fresh fruits and veggies early in the week to avoid spoilage and then at the end of the week use frozen or more hardy items like apples.  So that's the goal this week along with the usuals to track everything I eat and to get in at least 3 gym workouts and on days I can't make it to do an exercise at home.  It still amazes me how I had zero desire to touch and prepare food when I was pregnant, just the thought of it would kind of gross me out, but now that I'm not pregnant I've thankfully fallen back into my old ways of enjoying meal prep!

I've sneaked a peek or 7 at the scale this week and I'm pretty sure I'll be down tomorrow and will also meet the goal I set for February!  

My work out stats for the past week:
  • Saturday - played Wii Just Dance 2 for at least 30 minutes with my sister (that game is NO JOKE - I sweat like a PIG)
  • Sunday - 1 hr spin class
  • Monday - 1 hr spin class
  • Tuesday - 1 hr bootcamp class
  • Wednesday - no workout, skipped gym due to snow and day was very busy with errands
  • Thursday - 1 hr combo class with 1/2 hour step, 1/2 hour strength training on stability ball
  • Friday - just completed level 2 on 30 Day Shred video and planning on doing Wii Zumba or Just Dance 2 for a half an hour
Non scale victories for the week:
  • Made pasta (one of my BIGGEST trigger foods) with chicken for dinner on Tuesday and I kept to one serving of pasta and have spread the leftovers out into 4 meals!  So far I've had them for lunch Wednesday and Thursday and will have ONE portion today :)
  • Stopped myself from reaching for a second after dinner treat on two nights
  • Two people at the gym yesterday referred to me as having lost my baby weight already - a great (albeit untrue) complement.  I still have some weight to lose but I know the numbers are going down and my fitness level is inching its way back up to where it was in my awesome year of 2009.

No comments: